BMFB Freebies: Wallpaper 7
The latest BMFB wallpaper is now available - without the calendar for use all year round - created from a photo of a Gulf black marlin I took earlier this year on board KEKOA.
One-size download (right click to save to your computer and choose "scale to fit" when applying as your wallpaper) here:
For personal use only - not for re-distribution.
Marlin Season Availability
Every year in September through December, giant black marlin return to the warm waters of the outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef, from Cairns to Lizard Island. They come from all over the Pacific, giant females to sizes in excess of 1,000lb.
This is the best place in the world to fish for a grander black marlin!
If you are interested in fishing on the reef in 2011, the following boats have vacancies for:
- Mistress: Good dates in October and November
- Tradition: 10 October - 6 November
- Calypso: 20-26 September / 15-25 October
- Reel Chase: Townsville Billfish Challenge 2-7 September / Lizard Island Black Marlin Classic 1-8 October
- Castille III: 1-7 November
- Cool Runnings: Key dates throughout including the Lizard Island Black Marlin Classic 1-8 October
- Hot Shot: 11-19 October, 12-19 November
- Kekoa: 16-20 October
- Little Audrey: Key dates in October and November including the Port Douglas Marlin Challenge 2-7 November
As always, please consider joining one of these experienced crews. Check out the full directory's boat websites for more information:
Australian Fishing Expeditions,
Formula Cruisers' Icon 42 is PNG Bound
The first Formula built Icon 42 is set to make its home in in the waters off Papua New Guinea late in 2011. With the owners' brief being for an excellent sea boat built to the highest standards, Formula's reputation for building excellence and their ability to customise the boat made them a perfect match.
The boat will feature a fishing package from Reelax and instrumentation from Raymarine. (More...)
Sponsor News: O'Brien Boats OB26 is For Sale
Custom O'Brien 26 ft express sportfishing boat.
OB25 was custom built and is in excellent condition. It is ideally suited for a small group of anglers as well as for a family group. The boat is very well setup with all the electronics you would ever need for this type of vessel.
Inquiries to Peter or Leigh O'Brien / O'Brien Boats
Telephone: 07 4724 0013
Mobile: Peter 0428 778 374
Mobile: Leigh 0427 778 374
As always, thanks for reading. See you next month!
Black Marlin Fishing Blog Links