It’s sked time!
- Port Hacking GFC’s annual 100 Tournament has been postponed to 17-18 May due to the forecast squally conditions. The updated entry form is available on the website here.
- Camberra GFC‘s annual Yellowfin Tournament will be held the same weekend out of Bermagui. See more details and download the entry form here.
- There is still some good blue marlin fishing happening off the Gold Coast. Glanville Heydenrych took a mate out wide again Wednesday to go two from two – a blue and a black around 50kg – the black decided to join them in the boat for a short bit of mayhem as well! He was back out again yesterday getting smoked on what he said was a really nice blue in choppier conditions. The weather seems like it will be putting a hold on any weekend fishing for boats on the coast as well.
- Sunshine Coast GFC’s Club Captain Brent Higgins is likewise reporting some more great action on the little black marlin up that end of the coast with Michael Lassen on Jim Bob going 3 from 5 blacks solo off Caloundra, (on a weekend where fish were hard to find).
- And a catch up report from Michael Umback who released this (below) 40kg sailfish at Windarra Reef off Byron Bay last Friday on a live yakka. They also added some jellybean yellowfin and bitten off twice by wahoo and a 14kg mullaway snd 6kg snapper both released on Bait Reef before heading to Windarra – looks like a great day on the water too! Great pic!
- The BMFB Port Stephens destination guide is now updated and online. A big thank you to Capt. Tim Dean, Capt. Scotty Thorrington, Capt. Jim Dalling and Capt. Luke Fallon for their contributions. Read it here – would love to hear any feedback or additions you may have.