Scroll Top

PDMC Day 4 & Catch up reporting


Thank you for your patience with the internet situation up here.

Port Douglas Marlin Challenge

The Port Douglas Marlin Challenge for 2016 wrapped up with a shorter days fishing on Sunday and another 4 fish added to the tournament tally. But noone could overtake tournament leaders on Reg Moore’s Duyfken who took the win with 3 tags for the comp from Wild Turkey on countback also with 3 tags.

Also from Sunday Capt. Haydon Bell’s Kanahoee only had the one bite, but it was the one he wanted added another nice one while Capt. Brett Goetze’s Amokura also released one about 700 nearby.  On Capt. Luke Fallon’s KEKOA we fish slightly wide for two blacks on lures with the second one giving us a 5.5hr tussle with a real big fish. We had her on the leader early but unfortunately pulled the hook at the end just as she was getting back up again.

Catch up report from the Gold Coast Viking Tackle and Boat Sales’ Raffi Manjikian who has spent the last several days on Seredipity which currently has the owner and a few of his friends from NZ on board. Raffi reports a great trip with, 5 fish in 4 days. The owner with a nice fish Sunday around 750lb, and his mates with 3 yesterday starting with a 350lb followed by a double header, including a real nice one which they put at over the money, and the other around 300lb on a lure on stand up 50lb tackle.

Report from Andrew Tivey and son Ryan who managed to get out for a fish at Linden Bank in their trailer boat Hook-In on Sunday. Andrew said they threw the baits in at 9:00 and got smashed by this hungry little 250lber below at 9:20 continued fishing till 3:30 without sighting another!

Myrmidon, Townsville

Report from Renee from Townsville GFC at Myrmidon on Mick Dykstra’s Reel Crazy with Stav Bogiatzis and Anthony Florence.  Renee said they unfortunately lost a fish on Saturday mid fight estimated at 500lb. On Sunday they made up for it capturing a solid 900lb black (measurements were taken – short length = 3.5m and tail girth = 52cm) for Anthony. An hour later an estimated 130lb fish was tagged and released for Stav.  Photos below.


Related Posts