The Weipa sailfish bite continues hot hot hot with Darryl French reporting to me again yesterday that Duane and Linda Jay on Get N Any have been out for the last 3 days and went 33-22-15. 13 sails and two black marlin at 50 and 100kg. Likewise Alan “Fish” Philliskirk was out yesterday for a 10-10-7 on sails!!! (photo at bottom) Top fishing!
Likewise it seems the black marlin have hit the Gold Coast! Capt. Glanville Heydenrych’s Mufasa fished Thursday in some very tough and rough conditions with 25-30knts all day. While they initially went out looking for a blue they decided to come back inside and found some good looking water around the 100m mark and managed to go 1 from 3 in pretty quick succession, the southerly winds have finally showed up and have pushed the clean warm water right up close to the beach which Glanville says will have us expecting solid catches of black marlin from now on to around February, with solid signs of fish marked as well as mountains of bait, dolphins and birds. Likewise Watchdog with new skipper Lockie Warner at the helm has released one each on successive days. Here’s to the start of the Goldy’s summer season too!
Merry Christmas to all
Wishing you all the very best over the holidays. I’m going to take a short break myself and will see you on the other side. In the meantime, some more short news:
- Capt. Tim Dean’s Calypso reports a solid start to his summer season with a one from one striped marlin on the first day out Wednesday! They’re here!!
- My Cairns season galleries are now online, you can check them out here.
- Stuck for a last minute (late!) Christmas present? Put a marlin on it:-) Now marlin clocks are in store!
- December Newsletter is out – view online here! (Fishlife giveaway tinny outboard is 15HP not 1.5HP though lol!)
- The first of the new year tournaments are in the calendar. Do you have a tournament to add? Email me the details.
- Fishing over the holidays? Looking forward to your reports. Wishing you all FANTASTIC summer fishing!!